The Internet is an ongoing conservation full of ideas, news and tools. The conversations is always happening and Twitter is a way to participate in the dialogue of exchanging ideas.
For social media marketers, it’s important to tune into the leaders in your field. According to Klout, below are the top 10 “influencers” in social media, and their calculated followers.
These Top 10 social media influencers were calculated over the last 90 days, with Mashable holding the top spot.
1. Mashable – 2,691,685 followers: The largest independent news source covering web culture, social media and tech.
2. Chris Brogan – 199,275 followers: The President of Human Business Works.
3. Mari Smith – 134,008 followers: Social media speaker and author of The New Relationship Marketing and Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day.
4. Scott Monty – 66,726 followers: Head of social media at Ford Motor Company.
5. Jason Falls – 48,529 followers: Founder of Social Media Explorer and President of Social Media Club Louisville.
6. Gary Vaynerchuk – 913,730 followers: Businessman and author of The Thank You Economy.
7. Sarah Evans – 69,330 followers: Social media correspondent credited for beginning Twitter chats.
8. Reg Saddler – 157,928 followers: Social media correspondent with up-to-date current event news.
9. Scott Stratten – 113,558 followers: President of UnMarketing, author and social media speaker.
10. Social Media Today – 87,658 followers: Publisher of social media content, best practices, tools and social marketing.
Regardless of your opinion on Klout, we hope you embrace this list and participate in online conversations. Let us know what other heavyweights Klout has left out of the social media influencer list!